Winter at the Katschberg
The Katschberg, Carinthia's top family destination, has numerous ways to spend an unforgettable holiday all year round. Carinthia's and Salzburg's family mountain is one of Austria's top ski resorts.
- Silverjet2 overcomes a height difference of 520 metres with its 8 person gondolas over 2,250 metres and reaches the top station in about 7 minutes.
- Silverjet boarding at the Aineck double chairlift.
- Guaranteed snow between 1,640 and 2,220 metres.
- All 70 ski slope kilometres have modern snow machines.
- Slopes for all skills: 10 km of blue runs for beginners, 50 km of red runs for intermediate skiers, and 10 km of black runs for daredevils.
- Kachi's Children's World at Katschberg
Ski slope fun has a new dimension since Katschberg once again won the Ski Area-Test and was awarded the International Ski Slope Seal. The bordering mountain between Carinthia and Salzburg was also awarded the Best Snowmaking Facility 2011.
Adventurous tips on the slopes:
- Tobogganing and night sledding - an experience for the family: Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, daily during holidays. A 1.5 km floodlit slope into the valley. Refreshments and toboggan rental at Gamskogel-cottage. The ascent to this cottage takes about 40 minutes from the town centre of Katschberg.
- Ice skating - The ice rink in the centre of Katschberg's ski resort also offers lots of fun, especially for children. Ice skates can be rented in sports shops. Evenings provide the illuminated skating rink with a unique atmosphere.
- Horse sleigh rides - This is always a very special experience for families. It includes refreshments at the super-cosy Pritz-cottage.
Picture gallery of the Katschberg ski area at 1,640 m - 2,220 m: